We at Peoria Home want this website to be a safe place for users. Peoria Home will do its part by not requiring you to register or provide any information at all to use most of the basic features of this and our other websites. In turn, you can do your part by reading this policy, making your own informed decisions, and taking the precautions outlined below.
There are certain actions and areas of the site that will require you to provide personal information, such as:
- Registering for our e-newsletters or other e-mails
- Applying for an internship or volunteer position
- Making a donation
- Registering for one of our fundraising events
Personal information you may choose to provide
In order to utilize certain features of our site or receive information from Peoria Home, you may choose to provide information. If you do submit information to us, we will use that information for the purposes for which it was submitted. We may also use your information in other ways, such as to contact you about other Peoria Home activities and/or fundraising campaigns or as otherwise disclosed to you at the point of collection.
- If you join our main e-mail list by registering for Peoria Home’s newsletters, we will have a record of your e-mail address and all other information you choose to provide. We will send you newsletters and also may contact you with action alerts to help women in need, fundraising campaigns, and other Peoria Home activities.
- If you make an online donation to Peoria Home, your information will be added to our donor list and database, and you may be contacted about other Peoria Home activities, news, action alerts, and/or fundraising campaigns. Peoria Home does not sell, rent, exchange or otherwise disclose your information, including your name, address, e-mail address or any other personal information, with any group, private, public or non-profit.
- We will receive any other information you choose to provide. For example, we may manage blogs or allow you to post stories or photos from time to time. By submitting such information to us, you give us permission to post it in the designated area on our website, edit it, or remove it if we deem that the content is not appropriate, outdated, etc. To protect your privacy, please do not include any identifying information when submitting blog entries or stories.
The http://peoriahome.org site is owned and operated solely by Peoria Home.
You should be aware that we use third-party vendors to provide services on this site and in our offline business operations. The information that you submit on this site may be provided to those vendors on a confidential basis so that those vendors can provide services (such as maintaining our database, sending e-mail messages, facilitating our fundraising activities and campaigns, or processing credit card transactions) on our behalf.
If for any reason at any time you would like Peoria Home to remove your name and contact information from our database(s), please send an e-mail to info@Peoriahome.org or write to 3331 Broadway, #6, Everett, WA 98201.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18.
This website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. The security measures used on this site include, but are not limited to, industry-standard firewalls and internal policies to maintain the security of stored data. The voluntarily submitted data we collect about you is stored on a secure, password protected server and only authorized personnel have access to your information.
While we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100 percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.